Saturday, November 7, 2009

Banana Yogurt Pancakes



I adapted this recipe for pancakes from the Barefoot Contessa using yogurt instead of sour cream. I was craving pancakes this morning and a few days ago I saw a rerun of her show with a segment for these pancakes. I was out of sour cream, but figured yogurt was just a good and would save me a few calories. These pancakes are fantastic. They are lemony, bananay and all things pancakey. I plan to make these for my family the day after Thanksgiving. So yummy.
Here is her recipe, with my substitutions.
Banana Sour Cream (Yogurt) Pancakes
Makes 12 pancakes
Ingredients:
1 C all purpose flour
1/2 C whole wheat flour
3 T sugar
2 t baking powder
1/2 C low fat plain yogurt
3/4 C + 1T milk (I used non-fat milk with 1 T cream)
2 large eggs
1 t vanilla
1 t grated lemon zest
Unsalted butter
2 bananas diced, plus extra for serving
Pure maple syrup
Directions:
In a medium bowl, sift together dry ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together wet ingredients and lemon zest. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing only until combined.
Melt 1 T butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Ladle approx 1/4 C of batter for each pancake. Distribute approx 1 T diced bananas per pancake. Cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles appear on top. Flip pancake and cook for another minute until golden brown. Serve with sliced bananas, butter and syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment