Monday, January 30, 2012

Anne Burrell- Bucatini All'Amatriciana

Have you ever received a gift card, you get to the store and are so overwhelmed with all the possible ways to spend free money that you end up picking things that you normally wouldn't buy? This was me in Williams and Sonoma a couple days after Christmas. This was why I ended up coming home with super expensive cans of San Marzano tomatoes as well as other pantry items that I'm not sure what I'm going to do with. Lebanese Couscous anyone? For $14 dollars a bag? Geez! Thankfully, I came across a recipe in Anne Burrell's Cook Like A Rock Star that called for exactly 2 cans of the very tomatoes that were sitting so snobbily in my cupboard. Seriously, who spends that much money on tomatoes and couscous?

Bucatini All'Amatriciana uses guanciale.....um ok I could not find this at the store. I used pancetta instead. Other than that, I followed the recipe exactly.

 My snobby (but so so delicious and might actually be worth the price) tomatoes and lots of diced onion.
Onions and pancetta....if only you could smell the wonderfulness of it.
My fancy new toy, a food mill. Do you have one? I can't wait to try making my own gnocchi.
Grinding up those pretty tomatoes and adding them to the pork and onion to make the sauce.
Finish it off with a little olive oil and enjoy.




1 comment: