Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Lake Havasu, AZ

The London Bridge found a home in Lake Havasu, AZ. Weird but cool. This was our view from our hotel balcony.

We stayed at the Heat Hotel. Great view, great whirpool bathtub, great bed; however needs some maintenance. The carpet, walls, and furniture have taken quite a beating and need to be replaced. I'm sure it's from all the crazy Cali Spring Breakers. Oh and the front desk people (all who seemed to be teenagers) were really unhelpful. I got a lot of blank looks and "I don't knows" when I had questions. Overall though, I would stay there again.

The Heat Hotel patio bar. My first of many caloric cocktails, a pina colada. If calories don't count when you are on vacation then why did I come back with pants that are too tight? LOL

My favorite Havasu restaurant- Taco Hacienda. It's super casual, the staff is always friendly and it's cheap. Be prepared for lots of salt, tons of cheese and nary a veggie in sight.


I always get the Mexican Pizza without onions. If you're really hoping for a mild coronary, try the chimichanga.

I have family in Havasu so I make the trip at least once a year, but this is the first time the hubby and I stayed in a hotel. We were craving a little luxury after some tough work weeks. It was so worth it. We met up with family for lunches or dinners and the rest of the time was ours.

Have you ever been to Lake Havasu? Is there some place you visit annually?

1 comment: