Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sugar Cookies




Since summer is coming to an end, I was craving brightly colored, sunny and fun sugar cookies. I decided to spend a day baking and decorating for surprise treats to give to my family and friends. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for Fall. I love love love pumpkin. But there is something about the bright pinks, yellow, and blues that I'll miss about summer.
Below is the best sugar cookie recipe I have ever made. It turns out perfect every time I use it.

Sugar Cookies

Cream together:
1 cup room temperature unsalted butter
2/3 cup granulated sugar
Once the mixture is light and fluffy beat in 1 Egg. It's best of the egg is room temperature. Then add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.

In a separate bowl combine:
2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt.

Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until well combined.
Chill the dough at least 1-2 hours before rolling out. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees until cookies are lightly golden around the bottom edges.

4 comments:

  1. These are too cute... I wish I was getting a bag of brightly colored sugar cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so yummy! Isn't it crazy how a little bit of clear cellophane and a cute bow really make a delicious cookie even more glamorous?! What type of frosting did you use for them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I keep cellophane and ribbon in my kitchen drawer. LOL My friends were so excited. It's so nice to bring some smiles with cookies.
    The frosting is a quick mix of powdered sugar, orange juice and a little bit of lemon extract. I just didn't have the patience to make royal icing this time. I usually save that for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great- your friends and family are so lucky to get cookies for a surprise. Love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete