Sunday, May 22, 2011

Tagliarelle with Truffle Butter

Today my hubby and I celebrated 7 wonderful years of marriage. Looking back on photos, even though it wasn't that long ago, I feel like we looked so young. I was hardly old enough to be drinking champagne and there I was a wife. Getting married was one of the events in my life that really sparked my passion for cooking. I wanted nothing more than to be domestic and cooking became my outlet for that. I'm not at all a crafty person, nor can I sew or iron the perfect seam, but ask me to bake some cookies or bring a casserole and I'm there.
So, of course, instead of going out to dinner, I cooked. But first, we went on a hunt for Truffle butter. 3 stores and we finally found it. Our first time having anything truffle related and it was oh so good. You must try this recipe. It's quick but elegant and richly delicious.



Tagliarelle with Truffle Butter

Barefoot Contessa

Ingredients

Kosher salt
1/2 cup heavy cream
3 ounces white truffle butter
Freshly ground black pepper
1 (8.82-ounce) package Cipriani tagliarelle dried pasta or other egg fettuccine
3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
3 ounces Parmesan, shaved thin with a vegetable peeler

Directions

Add 1 tablespoon salt to a large pot of water and bring to a boil.

Meanwhile, in a large (12-inch) saute pan, heat the cream over medium heat until it comes to a simmer. Add the truffle butter, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, lower the heat to very low, and swirl the butter until it melts. Keep warm over very low heat.

Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook for 3 minutes, exactly. (If you're not using Cipriani pasta, follow the directions on the package.) When the pasta is cooked, reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water, then drain the pasta. Add the drained pasta to the saute pan and toss it with the truffle-cream mixture. As the pasta absorbs the sauce, add as much of the reserved cooking water, as necessary, to keep the pasta very creamy.

Serve the pasta in shallow bowls and garnish each serving with a generous sprinkling of chives and shaved Parmesan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve at once.

2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! This pasta looks incredible. I really, really want some of that truffle butter! I love Ina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! truffle anything sounds dreamy to me!

    happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete