Friday, October 12, 2012

Corner Bakery Style Swiss Oatmeal

Lately I've been trying lots of recipes that can be prepared ahead since I have a feeling with a baby I won't have much time for cooking whenever I feel like it. One of my favorite things at Corner Bakery is the Swiss Oatmeal but sadly it's too far for me to drive just to satisfy the craving. Thankfully google has all the answers and I was able to adapt a recipe that works perfectly and I can make it the night before.


Corner Bakery Style Swiss Oatmeal

Ingredients
Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
Plain Lowfat Yogurt or I like the Vanilla flavor from Trader Joes
Skim Milk
Sugar
Toasted Silvered Almonds
Banana (do not add this until just before serving)
Dried or fresh Blueberries
Strawberries

I'm not good at measuring so start with 1 cup oats, 1/2 cup yogurt and thin with milk until it's a consistency you like. If you make this ahead, you'll probably need to add a little milk just before serving. You'll only need about 2 Tablespoons of sugar unless you like it really sweet. Add the almonds and fruit, stir and enjoy. You can add any fruits you like. I have it with chopped apples and raisins sometimes- so yummy.

Do you have any favorite make-ahead breakfast ideas? Please share.

2 comments:

  1. Love oatmeal for breakfast.
    Here is my favorite http://skinnysimplerecipes.blogspot.ca/2012/09/skinny-simple-breakfast-sunday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good! Make ahead meals are totally key with baby. This is just perfect

    ReplyDelete