Thursday, December 30, 2010

Pecan Crisps

I received a couple of new cookbooks for Christmas, one of which is all cookie recipes. I love cookies and I try to make a new batch every 2 weeks. A recipe for pecan crisps caught my eye because it had very few ingredients and I already had everything I needed to make them. While I started making them they seemed a little boring, so what's an experimental blogger to do...I changed the recipe a little bit and added some cayenne pepper. I really like those caramelized pecans with brown sugar and cayenne so I figured it wouldn't hurt to add a little into the dough. Next time, I'm going to add a little more. I liked the flavor it added to the cookies. Just a little bit of heat. So, once I perfect the recipe I'll share it.

I see lots of New Year's posts this morning. I figure I should probably do one as well. Now, I'm off to catch up on all the blogs. Have a wonderful celebration tonight. Cheers to 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment