Monday, July 4, 2011

Flag Cake- Happy 4th of July!


Happy 4th of July! I hope everyone is having a wonderful time celebrating the amazing freedom we have as Americans. I'm so thankful that I live in such a great country.
What did you do for the long weekend?
I did some major cleaning and errand running, but I also got to spend time with some of my favorite people, my friends.
I'm sure there are many many people who made this delicious flag cake for the 4th. I followed the 1-2-3 cake recipe on the Swan's cake flour box and then topped it with fresh whipped cream and berries. I even counted out 50 blueberries to represent all 50 states. I'm off on the amount of strawberries though since all the lines wouldn't fit in the cake pan. The cake is dense for my taste but still yummy. Plus, you can't go wrong with berries and whipped cream.
Did you make anything special for the weekend? Any bbq treat you especially look forward to?

2 comments:

  1. Happy 4 th of July for you too..
    hope u had a wonderful day..
    chanced upon your space while blog hopping..
    love your space..
    very interesting posts...with excellent clicks..
    Am your happy follower now..;)
    do stop by mine sometime..

    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty cake!

    ReplyDelete