Friday, August 5, 2011

Wine Tasting in Santa Barbara

I must admit to being a light-weight when it comes to drinking. One glass of wine, I'm tipsy and happy but done. So for me, wine tasting trips are more about socializing and scenery rather than the actual wine. My cousin celebrated her birthday by arranging a girl's day wine tasting trip through Santa Barbara a couple months ago. And yes, I'm just now getting around to posting it. Ooops. Better late than never.
So....come along and taste with me.
We visited 3 wineries, Firestone (made famous by Andrew Firestone from the Bachelor), Bridlewood (absolutely beautiful) and honestly I can't remember the name of the third place.
I prefer white wine. How about you?

Most of the scenery photos are from Bridlewood. Since we went on a Monday it was really quiet and the staff allowed us to tour the member's only grounds. It's so beautiful. I would recommend you definitely stop here if you're in the area.
And then our glasses were empty, our heads a little fuzzy and it was time to hit up State St for dinner.
Have you ever been wine-tasting?
Do you have any Santa Barbara favorites?

5 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful up there! If I do ever go for wine, it's red wine. I haven't found a white wine that's flavorful enough for me yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun girls day! I'm not a wine drinker, but love the beautiful scenery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Photos!!
    LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Santa Barbara! So many cute places to discover!

    ReplyDelete