Friday, October 1, 2010

Dinner, Cookies and a Good Book.

Simply meat and potatoes. This is one of my husband's favorite meals. Our BBQ is broken, so sad, but I really wanted steak so I pan-seared it on the stove. Turned out great but I did miss the smokey grill taste.


This is my plate.....lots and lots of croutons, and yes those are black olives on my baked potato. Most people have either a love or hate relationship with black olives. I love them and put them on all types of dishes. I've copied the Wood Ranch method for baking potatoes. Rub oil all of your potatoes and the sprinkle with a little bit of salt before putting them in the oven. The outside gets super crispy and delicious.


This is my honey's plate before he doused his potato in sour cream and butter.


I made pumpkin soup. I thought it was yummy. My husband declared it "interesting" which means he won't be eating it again. Too bad since I have a huge pot of it left.


This is my famous (well at least in my house) BCAT. I don't like lettuce on my sandwiches, so this is Bacon, Cheese, Avocado and Tomato. So good. I could eat one every day.


M&M Cookies my nephew helped me bake.


Here he is with the dough. One egg crashed on the floor, lots of flour dusting every tile but it was so fun to bake with him and his cookies turned out great.


I finished this book tonight. It was a touching story and of course I cried a few tears at the end. It's the tale of 4 women at different stages in their lives who become friends and meet once a week for coffee.
I bought The Shack today with a Borders coupon. I've read it once and cried the whole way thru. One of those books I want in my collection. It's definitely a must read.
Any good books you can recommend?

2 comments:

  1. Well, your dinner looks delicious! I am curious about the pumpkin soup. I have a black bean pumpkin soup recipe but not just a plain pumpkin soup!
    I just finished Lowcountry Summer by Dorothea Benton Frank. It was good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything in this post looks so delicious!

    I love making baked potatoes but haven't done it in a really long time. I am craving baked potatoes now.

    ReplyDelete