Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pumpkin Walnut Waffles

Pumpkin Walnut Waffles
Originally it was going to be pumpkin pecan but my pantry failed to provide pecans. LOL Time to go to Trader Joes.



This morning it's overcast, misty and cold. I love it. It's so nice to finally have some Fall weather. What better way to spend the morning than eating waffles with lots of syrup and a latte?
I adapted a waffles recipe from the Joy of Cooking.
In a bowl, combine:
1 C All purpose Flour
3/4 C Whole wheat flour
1 T baking powder
1 T sugar
1/2 t salt.
Make a well in the center and add:
3 eggs
1/2 C pumpkin puree
1/4 C melted unsalted butter
1 1/2 C skim milk
Mix until well-combined. Then add toasted walnuts and cook on your waffle maker. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. They look FANTASTIC. A great weekend breakfast for sure :) Nice work chicky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous. And I have everything on hand. Tomorrow breakfast? I think so!
    I got my certificate too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These waffles look awesome! I want some for the breakfast too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look perfect! I love that fall seems to be rolling in!

    ReplyDelete