Monday, September 26, 2011

Breakfast Bowl with Grits

I've mentioned before that ever since my trip to Alabama (and Waffle House) I'm in love with grits. I have to buy them online since I can't find anything other than instant out here in CA, but it's worth it. At least once a week, I make cheesy grits in a breakfast bowl which consists of grits, scrambled eggs, bacon, and scallions all sprinkled with hot sauce. Absolutely delicious!
Do you have a favorite breakfast?
The weekdays are usually quick bread, cereal or oatmeal but we like to treat ourselves on the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yummmmmmmmm! I have to make this for my boyfriend sometime, he loves bacon. Have you had shrimp and grits? Also EXTREMELY delicious. Also optional bacon :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...bacon, grits, hot sauce? I'm in heaven! I definitely need to give this breakfast a try!!

    Jenn/Rook No. 17

    ReplyDelete