Monday, September 19, 2011

California Beer Festival

Saturday was the California Beer Festival in Ventura. We're not big drinkers, but I had won tickets on the radio so we planned to check it out. We got there right as they started pouring and it was already packed. I have to say, crowds make me nervous and irritable so it was a test of my patience to try and enjoy myself. The event seemed well planned but with so many people and popular breweries next to each other, it was hard to taste a leisurely pace. I ended up sampling with a few sips and then pouring the rest out so we could move on to the next one. I definitely wouldn't pay to attend since I'm not a huge beer fan but I did find a favorite, Burt's Honey Wheat Beer. We left for lunch when it started to get a little rowdy and headed for Rookees, my all-time favorite bar. They have the best sliders. So So Yummy.


 My favorite beer.


 Ladyface was there. I was tempted to ask if they know Becki.


 Delicious Rookees sliders. Try them, you won't be sorry.

Have you ever been to a beer festival? Do you have a favorite beer?

How do you deal with crowds? I get so sweaty and uncomfortable with too many people and long lines. Totally freaks me out.


5 comments:

  1. I haven't tried Burt's Honey Wheat yet - do they distribute locally?
    And you should've gone and said hello! I was just hanging with Cyrena (owner of Ladyface) tonight at the Ladies at Ladyface! Great brewery and sweeter people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day! I don't drink much better (prefer wine) but I know I would enjoy it at a beer festival!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. never been to a beer festival but it looks like you had a ball! i am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crowds totally freak me out. I like shopping during the week just to avoid Sat/Sun crowds. Glad I am not alone!!

    The festival looks fun! The sun was out and you were drinking beer eating sliders....what's not to love??!!

    I really love Lambic. That is my fav beer....

    xo
    Sarah
    Get Up & Go

    ReplyDelete