Sunday, October 16, 2011

Couch to 5K- Week 5

Today we completed week 5 of the Couch to 5K. This week was jog 5 walk 3, repeated 3 times. My pace is pretty slow, but I'm sticking with it. I don't get a stitch in my side nearly as often and my shins don't hurt anymore. I'm definitely starting to notice that what I eat before I jog affects how well I do. For instance, I had a big carb lunch, a cupcake and then I took a nap....try jogging after that. My tummy was not happy but I survived. I'm looking forward to week 6.
Do you eat anything special or restrict your diet before you jog? I'm really new to this whole 5K training thing. I recently checked out a book called Run Your Butt Off at the library so I'm hoping it will have some good tips.

1 comment:

  1. I can't eat within at least an hour of jogging. And I have to avoid soda for a few hours before jogging, or it messes up my stomach.

    ReplyDelete