Tuesday, November 13, 2012

MWF Seeking BFF

I just finished reading MWF Seeking BFF. Have you read it? I picked it up because the title was intriguing and maybe the author would have some good advice on making friends as an adult. Since high school most of my friends have moved away and making friends outside of work is difficult at best. There are so many people, myself included that are suspicious of even a friendly "hello" from a stranger. My first thought is- what do you want to sell me? Isn't that awful? I've been assured that once my daughter is born, I'll naturally develop other mommy friends that I meet through activities and such but what about making friends on my own?
So, did the author have good advice? Overall- yes. Although, I would never try Improv classes or speed dating, I do find myself being friendlier. Smiling and chatting more often rather than being hurried and distracted. Who knows, my next best friend could be in line at Trader Joes.

The author Rachel Bertsche also has a blog http://mwfseekingbff.com/

Do you have trouble making friends?

2 comments:

  1. I was surprised how many new mom friends I have made since Ss arrived. You will naturally gravitate to other moms! I think it is because they can relate and discuss mundane things like feedings, naps etc. I do think it is hard to make friends as an adult. It seems like cliques get worse just because they are established!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting read! I've definitely made a lot of Mom friends, but I also make a lot of friends from teaching at the gym. I think group fitness classes cause people to talk to each other ;)

    ReplyDelete