Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Satay Peanut Sauce



Last night my husband and I had plans to walk thru Candy Cane Lane in our town so dinner needed to be quick. I picked up a jar of Satay Peanut Sauce from Trader Joes which I had never made before. I sauteed some chicken and snap peas then added the sauce to the pan. It was really thick so I thinned it with some chicken stock. I served it with a side of couscous and a plate of oranges. The sauce was a little sweet for my taste and it probably would have been better served as part of a noodle salad, but if you like a sweet tang to your peanut sauce, check it out.
Also, Trader Joes has a great deal on organic oranges right now. They are delicious.
I received my first Christmas gift last night and I'm so excited to be the proud owner of Mastering the Art of French Cooking! I'm sure I'll be posting recipes from it soon. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. What a great gift! Can't wait to see what you make! :D Love Trader Joe's!!

    ReplyDelete