Thursday, February 17, 2011

Valentine's Day Sugar Cookies

I know, I'm a little late with my Valentine's Day post but these cookies were so yummy I have to share. I'm currently home sick which gives me time to catch up on my blogging in between naps. *sniff*
Thisis a basic sugar cookie recipe with lemon frosting.
A few years ago, I took a cookie decorating class and the recipe they gave me for the dough is fantastic. It's the only one I use so I'll share it with you.
Cream together 1 C room temperature unsalted butter and 2/3 C sugar. The texture should be light and fluffy. Then beat in 1 room temperature egg and 1 t vanilla. In another bowl, sift together 2 1/2 C all-purpose flour and 1/2 t salt. Once these are combined slowly add to the wet ingredients until well combined. I usually double the recipe depending on how many cookies I want. Chill the dough for approx 3 hours before rolling. Bake at 350 deg. Your cooking time will depend on the thickness of your dough once it's rolled out. The cookies are done when they are slightly golden around the edges.
I packaged these up for friends and family. I hope you'll try the recipe.
What did you do for Valentine's Day? I'm a sucker for romantic, sappy holidays.

4 comments:

  1. What's your lemon frosting recipe!

    I'm not jealous that you're sick (cause hey, me too!), but I am jealous that you're HOME sick. I probably shouldn't be at work infecting the office, but I'm here, so I'll probably just stick it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no! I hope you feel better! These look perfect! I love lemon, so the frosting sounds extra tasty to me ;)

    ReplyDelete