Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Scars of a Chef, Rick Tramonto

One of my favorite things is my library card. Our city library is newer, beautiful and has tons of great books. I always check out cookbooks before I commit to buying them. Recently, I noticed a section of books of chef memoirs and food writings. I must admit, I'd never heard of Rick Tramonto before but the title of his book grabbed my attention so I added it to my stack of cookbooks and I'm so glad I did. It's a quick read with lots of behind the scenes restaurant stories as well as his narrative on growing up and coming into his own as a man, chef and Christian. There are also several recipes throughout the book that I can't wait to try. I'm going to check out one of his cookbooks next.
Do you have a library card? Have you used it recently?
Who is your favorite chef?

No comments:

Post a Comment