Monday, September 7, 2009

Boeuf Bourguignon a la Julia Child


This evening for dinner I slaved over the stove to make Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguignon. Note to self- only make this dish on cold Fall or Winter weekends otherwise you will sweat and curse for having to use the oven and stovetop at the same time in the Summer heat. This is the ultimate comfort food and I'm feeling quite full. I started cooking at 2:00 this afternoon and it was done around 7:00. I've included a link to the recipe below. It was easy to follow but I did make a few adjustments. I was unable to locate a full slab of bacon, so I used the thickest cut I could find. I didn't simmer the bacon ahead of time and it turned out just fine. Also, I accidentally cooked my onions in chicken stock rather than beef stock before the packages look exactly the same, but in the end everything was delicious. Because it's not the most attractive dish to include a photo of, I've included a photo of my precious little pearl onions cooking in the wrong stock but looking beautiful all the same. Thank goodness for the already peeled frozen ones because I could not imagine having to peel 24 baby onions.
http://www.recipezaar.com/Boeuf-Bourguignon-a-La-Julia-Child-1480077

No comments:

Post a Comment