Monday, September 7, 2009

Strawberry Almond Oatmeal

I love having a whole Monday off that doesn't involve any work and I can do whatever I want, well at least whatever I want that coincides without whatever my husband wants. This morning, between pleas for coffee from my dear spouse, I asked him what he wanted for breakfast and rather that the typical eggs, toast and some type of pork product, he said oatmeal. And so, I made strawberry almond oatmeal. I only had frozen strawberries so I defrosted them in a sauce pan with a little sugar and then once the strawberries were soft added them to the oatmeal and let the strawberry juice reduce and thicken to a syrup. I use old-fashioned oats for my oatmeal, cooked in 2% milk and approx 1/2 tsp of vanilla. Add some toasted almonds at the end, drizzle with the strawberry syrup and you have a truly yummy breakfast. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment