Sunday, September 6, 2009

Carrot Cake


Yesterday, I saw Julie & Julia again. Of course, as soon as the movie ended I had the overwhelming desire to eat. The popcorn, candy and diet coke I had munched on during the movie had not made a dent in my appetite so I headed to Trader Joes and decided carrot cake would be the perfect thing to fill my kitchen with wonderful smells and would make me smile with delight when it would be time to eat.
For the most deliciously moist and carroty cake, I use a recipe I found on epicurious.com, below is the link.
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Carrot-Cake-with-Maple-Cream-Cheese-Icing-102155
While, the cake was baking, I couldn't deny my tastebuds, so I had my go-to summer snack. Fresh & salted chopped tomatoes, served on hot toast rubbed with garlic and drizzled with EVOO (a nod to Rachael Ray for shortening extra virgin olive oil). This was especially yummy with a glass of 7 Heavenly Chards, from a bottle of wine a friend had given me for having her for dinner a few nights ago.
Now, what shall I make tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment