Monday, June 28, 2010

Ice Cream Before Dinner.

I had a sundae bar at my party and since I forgot to post it I thought I'd start with dessert this time. I put out vanilla and chocolate ice cream, whipped cream, chopped peanuts, sprinkles, chocolate syrup and strawberries. But, much to my husband's disappointment, I forgot the cherries. Oh well, it was still yummy.

Chicken Bouillabaisse. This was a new recipe for me and I made it in my first Le Creuset pot. It was a birthday gift and I'm so happy to finally have one. It browned the chicken perfectly. I also tried to make the rouille that goes along with the recipe, but instead of a mayo like consistency I ended up with watery, oily egg yolk. YUCK. The chicken was still good without it.

The chicken recipe was from this cookbook. I love Barefoot Contessa cookbooks. Thank you to my brother and sister in-law for the gift. Love you.

Do you collect cookbooks? What are some of your favorites?

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great party! Oh boy do I collect cookbooks... I love (addicted to) cookbooks especially old ones. I probably have cookbooks in every room of my house with the exception of my son's room and the bathrooms! I could not even begin to list my favorites! Love your new scarf!

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had dessert before dinner last week and I loved it. Such a nice change. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really collect cookbooks, but my mom bought my Dorie's Greenspan's Baking from My Home to Yours, and it's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, my name is Katy, and I am a cookbook-aholic....

    Oh, yes. I love cookbooks!!

    ReplyDelete