Monday, September 12, 2011

Coconut Waffles


What better way to start a lazy football Sunday than eating coconut waffles? This is my first time making them and I'll definitely be adding them to the breakfast rotation.
Did you watch football? Who is your favorite team? I always cheer for the Chicago Bears but I have some players from other teams on my fantasy team so I was yelling at the TV all day. I came in 2nd last week. Yay!

Coconut Waffles
by Better Homes & Gardens

ingredients

1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour

2Tbsp. sugar

1 Tbsp. baking powder

3 eggs

1 14-oz. can unsweetened coconut milk (I used a can of the lite coconut milk from Trader Joes)

6 Tbsp. butter, melted

3/4 cup coconut (I used sweetened shredded coconut)
1/2 cup chocolate-flavored ice cream topping (optional)

1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds (optional)

Sweetened whipped cream or powdered sugar (optional)

directions

In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and a dash of salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside. In another medium bowl lightly beat eggs; stir in coconut milk and melted butter. Stir in coconut. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be slightly lumpy).

Pour 1/2 cup batter onto grids of a preheated, lightly greased waffle baker. Close lid quickly; do not open until done. Bake according to manufacturer's directions (about 3 minutes or until golden brown). When done, use a fork to lift waffle off grid. Repeat with remaining batter. Drizzle baked waffles with topping, sprinkle with almonds, and top with whipped cream or dust with powdered sugar. Serve warm.

I'll leave you with one more photo of all this yumminess.....




1 comment:

  1. Oh wow this recipe sounds amazing. Thanks for sharing. Looks like I know what I am making at my parents house this weekend.

    xo

    ReplyDelete