adapted from Joy the Baker
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (about 3) mashed ripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
4. Turn the mixer to low, add the flour mixture all at once, and beat until almost completely incorporated. Stop the mixer add the chocolate chips, and stir by hand with a spatula or wooden spoon just until incorporated. Spoon the mixture into the mini-muffin cups.
5. Bake until a toothpick inserted in one of the muffins comes out clean, approx 15 minutes. Let the muffins cool in the pan for 20 minutes before putting them onto a wire rack and letting it cool completely, if you can manage to keep your hands off them for that amount of time. Enjoy!