Thursday, January 27, 2011

Coconut & Pineapple Smoothie

Does anybody watch Brunch at Bobby's? It's Bobby Flay's new show on the cooking channel. I love it. He recently featured a coconut smoothie that looked delicious. Much to my surprise Trader Joe's has coconut water. I made my own variation of his smoothie.
1 Cup lowfat vanilla yogurt.
1 1/2 Cups Coconut Water
1 1/2 Cups frozen pineapple chunks
1 banana.
Blend and enjoy.
On another subject, I tried to make french macaroons last night. I had read that they could be very tricky to get just right and admittedly I went into making them a little too cocky. Cracked or without "feet" or too chewey- ugh so frustrating. I don't know if I'll be able to talk myself into trying again.
Have you ever made a failure recipe?

2 comments:

  1. That smoothie looks delicious! I love coconut anything.

    Last night I had a recipe failure when trying to make a lemon sauce for a chicken recipe I made. I burned it and it tasted AWFUL! At lease we are not afraid to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly recommend the I LoVE Macarons Cookbook. Dude and i made macarons and they came out better than expected. the process of making the merengue is tricky and if its rushed it will def result in a failure. I do hope you try it again! homemade macarons are awesoME!

    ReplyDelete