Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Eat Pray Love and Delicious Eats

I finally watched Eat Pray Love. Honestly, the movie could have ended in Italy and I would have been very happy. Once she left all that wonderful food, I was bored. I felt the same way about the book. I really wanted to like it but never finished reading it.
Since I was having a friend over to watch it with me, I wanted to make lots of yummy dishes to eat. I also bought bottle of Moscato wine from Trader Joes. It's a sweet Italian wine and it was delicious. I had never had it before and am bummed I didn't take a photo of the bottle, but this gives me a reason to buy another one.
First up, Giada's Tomato Basil Tartlets. These are so delicious. I could have eaten the whole tray by myself. I didn't have any basil (I always forget something even when it's on the list) so I substituted green onion. Here is a link for the recipe http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/tomato-basil-tartlets-recipe/index.html Next up, Giada's White Bean & Chicken Chili. Really tasty and perfect for a cold night. I left out the swiss chard (I'm not a big fan of greens in my soup) and I used ground turkey instead of chili. Link: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/white-bean-and-chicken-chili-recipe/index.html This dessert is my own creation. I had a loaf of Barefoot Contessa's orange pound cake in the freezer so I defrosted it and topped it with vanilla ice cream and raspberries that I had soaked in Moscato wine. Delicious.
It was such a fun night.
Did you see Eat Pray Love? What did you think?
I've been having bad luck with movies lately. I saw The Dilemma the other night and was disappointed. I thought it would be much funnier and I'm such a Vince Vaughn fan. Oh Well.
Is anyone going to see No Strings Attached?

No comments:

Post a Comment