Saturday, January 1, 2011

Mushroom Rigatoni and Gingerbread, oh and New Year resolutions too...

My hubby and I stayed in for New Year's Eve. I toasted the night with champagne & POM juice and tried my best to stay up until midnight. I made it- just barely though.
For dinner he picked out a recipe from Giada's new cookbook. Creamy Mushroom Rigatoni. It's so so yummy. You must try it. I'm not a huge mushroom fan but this dish changed my mind. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/everyday-italian/rigatoni-with-creamy-mushroom-sauce-recipe/index.html
For dessert, I was craving gingerbread so I used a Barefoot Contessa recipe. I omitted the raisins. Delicious. There is still lots of it left which will be accompanying us to a friend's house for dinner tonight. http://www.barefootcontessa.com/recipes.aspx?RecipeID=479&S=0
And now, New Year's resolutions...I don't think I've ever kept one but I'm really going to try this year.
1. Eat at home as often as possible. I'm going to try my best to pack breakfast and lunch every day.
2. Use my gym membership at least 3 times a week. This is going to be hard since I'm not morning person and after work I get really lazy. Plus, we are moving in a few weeks which makes the gym just a little farther away. But, no more excuses, I will go to the gym. I promise, I will. LOL
3. This is the last one. Maybe if I only make a few resolutions I won't feel so overwhelmed by trying to be perfect and I won't give up. Last resolution is to live in the present and not worry about the future. Enjoy each day and take the time to relax and have fun.
I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year celebration.

1 comment: