Monday, October 18, 2010

Sweetest Day Recap

I'll be honest, I didn't even know there was such a thing as sweetest day until I saw it on a blog. To me, it sounded similar to Valentine's Day so it prompted me to plan a romantic evening. I bought brie which I baked for a few minutes until it was nice and melty, topped with pistachios. I served it with crackers, cashews, strawberries and apples. We feasted while catching up shows we had waiting for us on our DVR. Does anyone else love Flipping Out and How I Met Your Mother as much as I do?
To end the night we had the most delicious ice cream- Pumpkin from Trader Joes.




Did you celebrate Sweetest Day?

3 comments:

  1. What a bunch of yummy snacks! Loving the pumpkin ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get me to Trader Joe's so I can try that ice cream! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've totally never heard of sweetest day? But I like your spread. I bet the baked brie was amazing. And I love the idea of using apples as a dipper. Pumpkin ice cream? Um...I need this ;)

    ReplyDelete