Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Making the Cut- Jillian Michaels, Day One

So, last week I decided to try Jillian Michael's Making the Cut Plan. I figured I would start today and that way I'd have Memorial weekend to eat whatever I wanted and not exercise. Today is Day 1 and I'm already over it. Isn't that sad? I'm just not cut out for diets. But, since my hubby is doing it with me and I promised I could do anything for 23 days (I'm only doing this until my birthday which is in 23 days) I can't flake out. Hopefully, blogging about it will help hold me accountable. Here I sit after dinner sipping tea.....tea is NOT a good substitute for cookies, but it will have to do and putting together my thoughts on the day.
I chose Jillan's plan because it is for those people who are in fairly good shape and want to lose 10-20 pounds. I'd be super proud if I could lose 10 pounds. I'm comfortable in my curves and have no desire to be rail thin.
My morning started with eggs. This was really hard for me because I usually start with bread. I love love love bread. I've been known to say I'd rather be fat than give up bread.
You also get cereal and skim milk for breakfast with the eggs. I took this to work and ate it a couple hours later as a snack.
Bad blogger that I am I totally forgot to take a photo of lunch. This may have been because I was dying of starvation and wolfed it down QUICKLY.
Apple and raw cashews came next as a snack. Ok, I've never eaten a raw cashew and wow do they need to be roasted and salted. Tasted nothing like the cashews I'm used to but still edible.
I sipped iced tea all day. Does anyone else save their to-go cups? This was is from the weekend lunch I had. I usually use them for about a week and then toss.
Dinner roasted chicken with garlic and wild rice. I should probably explain that while I'm trying to follow the diet as closely as possible, I'm really picky. I'll be altering her recipes as I go to suit my taste.
Before dinner I did the 5 circuit exercises from Day 1. Great workout. I huffed and puffed but didn't feel like I was going to die so that leads me to believe I haven't totally let myself go.
So, dear bloggers, is anyone else on a diet? Any diet advice? I need some good cardio music suggestions too.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your exercise plan...I just got P90x...haven't started it yet.

    ReplyDelete