Sunday, April 22, 2012

LA County Museum of Natural History

 I've lived in Southern California my whole life and somehow I had never been to the Natural History Museum. I have the feeling this happens to a lot of us. We live near these great attractions but never visit. Yet there are people who travel to our cities to see the exact thing we take advantage of. I'm hoping to visit more local places. Any suggestions?




If you have kids, this is a great place to visit. The museum had arts & crafts stations near the entrance. My nieces painted and made bird feeders. There's no extra charge.

I'm not really into dinosaurs or modeled animals but in case you are.....



The butterfly garden was my favorite. This was an extra couple dollars and you had to wait for your appointed time but it's worth it. The guides leave you to tour alone or will show you around if you like.





We also stopped by the science museum. Definitely a kid's playhouse. So much to see and touch. Of course, I had to share the dessert I snacked on there...

Raspberry Frangiopane (I think that's what it's called)

3 comments:

  1. Did you go to the Tar Pits next door? I think they are so cool. haha There is SO much to see in LA! I need to make a page on my blog devoted to it someday. =) I love it out here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love the butterfly section! And the desserts too! Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who are these other nieces that are not me?

    ReplyDelete