Sunday, October 25, 2009

Frittata


Frittatas are an easy way of making a quick breakfast and using a lot of leftover ingredients you might have from the week. The one that I made for breakfast had deli ham, potatoes, havarti cheese and of course, eggs. I topped this with chopped tomatoes. I've made this with a variety of ingredients before, diced green peppers, the little bit of salsa that's left at the bottom of the jar, shredded roasted chicken, caramelized onions, pesto....the possibilites are endless. All you need are eggs, salt, pepper, and an oven proof skillet. I saute enough ingredients for 2 people in a skillet with a little bit of EVOO until tender, then pour 5 whisked eggs over everything in the skillet, season with salt and pepper and cook on the stovetop until the bottom is set, then put the skillet in the oven at 425 degrees and bake until the top is set and golden brown.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea. I could actually do this for a quick dinner on those evenings when I must work late!

    ReplyDelete