Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Quick Meal Before Car Rentals and Car Shopping

It's super early, I'm tired and I have to pick up a rental car so I can get to work. Thankfully, I had a new sample box of cereal to try- Fiber Plus Antioxidants Cinnamon Oat Crunch. I really enjoyed it dry and had it with milk the next day. Easy, quick and nutritious.

That night, still in my rental, work day ends and I have to go car shopping YUCK! I picked up my sample of Buitoni chicken & mushroom ravioli at the grocery store for a quick meal before the dreaded shopping.

Delicious! You would never know this was frozen. I will definitely have a box stashed in my freezer for emergency meals.

Story time: I'm driving on the freeway in my beloved (but very old) car and "BOOM"- I thought it was the tire until I saw clouds coming out from under the hood. Pulled over, called my wonderful brother in-law to save me and turn outs my radiator cracked and it was steam that was billowing out of my car.
A tow truck and another inspection of my car turned out to be the end for it. I sold it as it was and said goodbye to my wonderful car. One of the reasons I had kept it for so long was because I HATE car shopping. There are too many choices, the salesmen are so pushy and somehow I always feel like I'm not quite getting the best deal.
However, today I prevailed. After many days of looking I finally bought a car. I was confident, stubborn and I got exactly what I wanted for the price I was willing to pay. This was not without a few rejections on the first cars I tried for but it was all worth it. I love my new car. My husband has named it the schmoopie-mobile. LOL He's too funny.
Can you guess what kind of car I bought? I'll give you a hint- I was adamant that I would not buy what I consider a boring car.

2 comments: