Saturday, August 28, 2010

Things I Love In My Kitchen

I have a lot of plants in my kitchen, but I don't take care of them. I'm definitely not a "green thumb." My husband is in charge of all the plants and flowers in the house and outside. Otherwise, everything would be watered too much or not enough. Thankfully he doesn't mind this task since I love plants.

My sister gave me these measuring spoons for my birthday and they are so pretty I can't bring myself to use them. They are hanging on the wall in my kitchen.

My refrigerator is covered with photos, letters, cards and invitations. The Flower of Blessings card is from my grandma. I smile every time I see it. I got my cooking/baking gene from her.

My beloved KitchenAid. I don't know how I ever got by without one. This was another gift from my sister. She gave it to me as a wedding gift. Best gift ever.

My coworkers got me this Le Creuset pot for my birthday. I plan to invest in a whole set one day. If only they weren't so expensive. It is the best pot I've ever had.

I keep this kitchen caddy by the stove at all times. Has the essential salt, pepper, EVOO and a few other favorites ready whenever I need them.

My cookbook shelf. It has several shelves below but the top one holds my favorite cookbooks and photos with my family.

Finally, my kitchen buddy Minute. We actually have 3 cats, but Minute can usually be found in the kitchen with me. He's been known to sneak off with food if I don't watch too carefully. I've caught him licking salsa out of a bowl once. What kind of cat does that?!?

What are your favorite things in your kitchen?

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to have a set of Le Creuset bakeware too. One day I will. I love my Kitchenaid as well. It's actually my favorite piece in my house.

    ReplyDelete