Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sunday Cooking

Zucchini Nut Bread

Black Bean soup on the left for lunches during the week and Horchata (turned out nasty so I tossed it) on the right. Anybody have a good Horchata recipe?

Pasta with bell peppers, capers, parsely, pine nuts, proscuitto and EVOO.
After a week of eating out while car shopping I was desperate to get back in the kitchen. I spent most of Sunday cooking.
Plus I was able to get back to training for the 5k. I'm up to 2.5 miles with some walking when I get too tired. I'm trying to get a routine going but I'm too lazy to get up early and by the time I get off work it's really hard to find the motivation to run. Anybody else struggle with this? I know training on the weekend isn't enough but daily workouts are hard to fit in. Ugh, ok no more whining. Thanks for reading.



4 comments:

  1. If you come across a good horchata recipe, please pass it along to me. I love that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heck yes I struggle with this! I just have to remind myself that I never regret a workout. It usually motivates me. Congrats on the 2.5 miles. That's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black bean soup...yum!!! I have always wanted to make it but can never find a good recipe. That pasta looks divine!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the middle of a Sunday cooking day, too :D I love them so!

    ReplyDelete