Friday, November 4, 2011

Anne Burrell's Braised Chicken Thighs

Happy Friday! What do you have planned for the weekend?
Maybe you'll get a chance to try a new recipe like this one, Braised Chicken Thighs with Mushrooms and Almonds. I'll be trying a couple new pie recipes for an early Thanksgiving I'm having with some family.

The sauce is the star of this dish. To keep it honest, I added a little flour butter mixture to thicken it a little bit. I don't love chicken thighs but in this dish I enjoyed them. I was able to make it for dinner on a weeknight and it didn't take too long. I started it before my run and then fnished it up when I got back so it takes some planning to fit it in if you have evening workout plans but it's quick enough that you won't be eating at 10pm.
I served it over orechiette. Which means little ears in Italian.... too cute.

I hope you have a great weekend.

8 comments:

  1. This looks oh so creamy!!! Weekend will be filled with family and friend time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so hearty and perfect for a cold winter's night. That pumpkin chili looks amazing too! I see that in my near future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...yum..yumm...love the recipe n the flavors of it..;)
    happy following you..
    check out mine sometime..
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great. You had me at mushrooms. MUSHROOMS are the BEST.

    xo
    Sarah
    Get Up & Go

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks really good. My family likes all in one dishes like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I've ever made any Anne Burrell recipes before, but I always think everything she makes on her show looks good...as does this. I'm gonna have to look for her book :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks amazing! it is still in the high 70s and maybe even 80s in dallas so when it cools down this is happening at my house!

    it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE YOUR BLOG! i am so going to learn how to cook better with your recipes. i am your new follower. following you on twitter also. :)


    have a great evening!

    cheers,
    jasmine
    adamalexmommy.com

    ReplyDelete