Thursday, November 10, 2011

Chocolate/Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies


So, I'm a little bummed because I had planned on entering this recipe in the LA Times Cookie Bake-off but then life got in the way and I missed the deadline. Ooops. But, I can still share it with you and I'm happy to. These are delicious and my first ever cookie recipe that I created by myself.

I haven't figured out what to name these yet. Any ideas? For now I'm calling them.....

Chocolate/Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
by Danielle (All Things Yummy)

Ingredients

1/2 cup Oat Bran
1 1/2 cups All-purpose Flour
3/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup unsalted butter softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup old fashioned oats (not instant)
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat over 350 degress F.

Line baking sheets with parchment paper.

In a medium bowl, mix oat bran, flours, baking powder, baking soda and set aside.

In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat together butter, sugars and salt until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, then add vanilla. Stir in the bran/flour mixture until just combined. Stir in the oats and chips until incorporated.

Drop approx 1 tablespoon of dough (I use a small ice cream scoop), 1-inch apart for each cookie on lined baking sheet. Bake until cookies are lightly golden, approx 13-15 minutes. Allow to cool slightly on cookie sheet and then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. These sound scrumptious! It's a shame you missed that deadline, but never mind, you now have a recipe up your sleeve when the next competition comes along! If you have time, I would love it if you would share this with The Gallery of Favorites. It's a fantastic cookie post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome you created your own recipe. I never do that!! These look delicious. Love the flavors!!

    ReplyDelete