Saturday, November 12, 2011

Mexican Egg Scramble

Breakfast on the weekends is my favorite meal. I can take my time in the kitchen and make some of my favorite foods. This morning was no exception. We had to stop at the mechanic's to drop of one of our cars and on the way home we stopped at Starbucks. The Salted Caramel Mocha Latte sounded so delicious and while it tasted good, it's so so rich. Tons of sugar, tons of caffeine- zing! I'm awake. Once we returned home, I started breakfast, well actually it would probably be considered brunch. We like to sleep in LOL

  This is my own creation of what I like to call, Mexican Egg Scramble. It consists of roasted potatoes (I buy the frozen bag from Trader Joes and heat them in a little oil on the stove), eggs, Muenster cheese (I usually use cheddar but we were out of it), black forest ham, avocado and pico de gallo. I serve it with warm flour tortillas and orange juice. It's so good and filling to the point that we don't feel hungry until dinner.
I have a "new" camera that I'm learning to use. It's my grandpa's old one and I'm determined to start taking better photos. My nephew taught me a few of the settings. I mainly want to learn how to blur the background and figure out light settings.

Tomorrow is my first 5K. Wish me luck.

What have you been up to this weekend?








8 comments:

  1. Good luck with the 5k! I wanted to do it too but never signed up. I hope it's great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so yummy

    follow me on www.rochellekecloset@blogspot.com Iam following you now

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck.I and first 'quite ' weekend.My littleone is by her Grandparents so I can catch up(in slow tempo) on work I have missed during the week:)
    Love the breakfast and really try to prepare good one every day:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on your first 5K. They are a lot of fun and you will love it! Your egg scramble looks yummy! I am a new follower on your blog. Stop by my blog if you want some Thanksgiving inspiration. I will be posting Thanksgiving recipes throughout the week:-)

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the race went well! Your eggs look delicious and this is a dish my family would enjoy. I suspect that it will be on my table in no time at all. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. First off, that scramble looks delicious and protein packed! Two, how did the 5k go, I hope it was fun at least :) My friend told me that you can ask Starbucks to cut the number of pumps for that drink in half and it still tastes good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds delicious! This sounds like a perfect breakfast for a 5K run - good luck!

    ReplyDelete